Ultrasound Tech PRN
US Specialist obtain multiplanar images of patients’ internal organs using diagnostic ultrasound equipment for the diagnosis and treatment of a medical condition. An US Specialist must be able to accurately interpret the physician’s order, and effectively capture the appropriate images. Staff in this position effectively interact with patients, hospital employees, managers, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. Also participates in performance improvement activities and performs other imaging tasks or duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from AMA approved school of radiologic technology or an approved school of Ultrasound imaging.
- None, if graduate of approved Ultrasound School. One year of fulltime experience if ARRT only.
- Knowledge and understanding of ultrasound physics and imaging technique. Certification by Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or eligible (must obtain within one year of employment)
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status-required
- New Hires required to acquire BLS within first 90 days of employment
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.