Suicide Sitter Nights
As directed by a licensed nurse, the Sitter/CNA appropriately maintains patients per observation level, accurately documenting per observation log and maintains additional inventory log-books on the unit, per protocol. The tech responsibilities include sitting with patients, transportation of patients to other departments when necessary. When not sitting, the Sitter/CNA is also responsible for providing basic nursing care such as bathing, linen changes, toileting and feeding if needed and responsible for simple procedures and tasks as assigned such as routine vital signs, emptying foleys, drains, etc. and maintaining a safe working environment to ensure patient's safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School or equivalent required.
- Completion of Nurse Aide/Orderly course desirable.
- CNA certification preferred
- Experience in the treatment of mental health and\or chemical dependency preferred
- Must have the ability to identify and address the special needs of all patients in pertinent areas including: Adult 18 to 64 and Geriatrics 65 and above
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status required
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.