RN NICU Nights
The RN is responsible and accountable for directing, planning and organizing the nursing activities on the unit for an assigned shift with focus on patient, physician and staff needs. The RN is responsible for delivering skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, and ancillary and other team personnel; acts as patient advocate; and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current RN State license
- On the job training in use of computer
- May be a new graduate or experienced RN
- Current Louisiana license required
- Must have the ability to identify and address the special needs of all patients in pertinent areas including Neonates/Infant birth to 3 months of age
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status-required
- NRP within first 6 months of employment
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.