RN ER PRN
The Emergency Room RN is responsible and accountable for directing, planning and organizing the nursing activities on the ER unit for an assigned shift with focus on patient, physician and staff needs. The emergency nurse provides rapid assessment and treatment to patients in the initial phase of illness or trauma and often in life-threatening situations. They specialize in assessing, intervening and stabilizing a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Louisiana Nursing License in good standing
- Previous clinical nursing experience in ER desired
- BLS is required within 30 days of hire date
- All other certifications are due within 90 days of hire date, ie ACLS and PALS
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.