The RN Educator is responsible for the development and administration of evidence and theory based, clinical staff development programs for the purpose of improving patient care by increasing the competence of all personnel involved in the delivery of patient services. This position will administer and track in-house online courses to all staff members. Provides clinical support and serves as a resource for director, nurse managers, clinical leaders and staff to maintain competencies and improve skills. Must have the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and gather, analyze and assess data from various sources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Louisiana Nursing License in good standing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the community
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated
- Agrees to be flexible with hours to meet timely educational needs
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgement in the completion of assignments and duties
- Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand it
- Certification in BLS Provider, BLS Instructor preferred
- ACLS, PALS, NRP preferred
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.