$12,500.00 Sign Bonus
Providing Pulmonary care service in accordance with specific physician’s orders, departmental policies and procedures. Administers respiratory therapy treatments while understanding purpose of each and possible side effects. Sets up and monitors mechanical invasive and noninvasive ventilators. Performs airway management and tracheal suctioning. Performs capillary and arterial punctures to obtain mixed venous or arterial blood gas analysis and can troubleshoot as well as do maintenance on ABG analyzers Performs EKG's. Work independently in all areas of critical care, including NICU.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a graduate of an AHA approved respiratory therapy program or successfully passed the examination issued by the National Board for Respiratory Care leading to licensure, CRTT or LRT.
- At least one year of previous respiratory experience including neonatal and critical/acute care.
- Must maintain current respiratory license issued by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
- BLS required within 30 days of hire
- All other certifications due within 90 days of hire date, i.e., ACLS, PALS
- New Hires required to acquire NRP within first 6 months of employment
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 107667