Radiology Technologist utilize ionizing x-ray equipment to produce images of patients’ internal organs and tissues for the diagnosis of medical issues. A Radiology Technologist must be able to accurately interpret the physician’s orders, administer contrast materials, prepare and operate the x-ray equipment and position the patient to capture the appropriate images. Staff in this position effectively interact with patients, hospital employees, managers, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. Also participates in performance improvement activities and performs other imaging tasks or duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of an AMA approved school of radiology technology
- Prefer one to two years as a Diagnostic Radiology Technologist
- Must have understanding of radiographic techniques and equipment
- Must be able to perform varied radiographic procedures
- Current Louisiana License. The American Registry of Radiology Technologists
- BLS Healthcare Provider required within 30 days of hire
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disabilities.