Radiology Tech Days
Radiology Technologist utilize ionizing x-ray equipment to produce images of patients’ internal organs and tissues for the diagnosis of medical issues. An Radiology Technologist must be able to accurately interpret the physician’s orders, administer contrast materials, prepare and operate the x-ray equipment and position the patient to capture the appropriate images. Staff in this position effectively interact with patients, hospital employees, managers, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. Also participates in performance improvement activities and performs other imaging tasks or duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of an AMA approved school of radiology technology.
- None required, prefer one to two years as a Diagnostic Radiology Technologist.
- Must have understanding of radiographic techniques and equipment.
Must be able to perform varied radiographic procedures
- Current Louisiana License. The American Registry of Radiology Technologists
- BLS required within 30 days of hire date
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.