The Phlebotomist is responsible for specimen collection on patients of all ages. Phlebotomists effectively interact with patients, hospital employees, managers, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. They participate in performance improvement activities. Phlebotomists perform other related laboratory duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school or equivalent required. Phlebotomy certificate preferred.
- At least 6 months phlebotomist experience preferred.
- Must be able to provide adequate patient care for the following age groups:
1. Neonates/Infants - < 1 year old
2. Toddlers – 1-3 years
3. Preschoolers – 4-5 years
4. School age/ adolescent – 6-17 years
5. Adult – 18-64 years
6. Geriatric - > 65 years
- BLS required within 30days of hire
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.