Monitor Tech PDM
Identifies abnormal cardiac rhythms and conduction changes in the adult (ages 18-64) and geriatric patients (65 and above) that are warning or threatening and requires immediate attention 95% of the time. Documents rhythm, rate, intervals, date and time at beginning of every shift and with patient condition or rhythm change. Gives brief report on all monitored patients when relieved from break or at end of shift and to physicians making rounds 100% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School graduate. Successfully completed Arrhythmia Course or equivalent training preferred.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to remain calm and function under emergency situations
- Demonstrates an interest in continuing education and keeps current knowledge of policies, procedures, and EKG recognition
- Provides competent care to the following age groups:
- Adult – 18-64
- Geriatrics – 65 and above
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status-required
- BLS required within 30days of hire
- New Hires require successful completion of dysrhythmia class within first 89 days of employment
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.