Medical Technologist Lab Days $15K Sign Bonus
$15,000.00 Sign Bonus (2 Year commitment)
The Medical Technologist is responsible for performing various routine or special clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory using automated equipment, manual testing, and microscopic analysis to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Incumbents of this position effectively interact with patients, hospital employees, managers, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. Participates in performance improvement activities and performs other laboratory duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science or Biological Science is required.
- Clinical Internship in an approved hospital.
- A Louisiana Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license is required. New graduates or new Louisiana residents must be eligible for and are actively pursuing a Louisiana State license.
- A license must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- The employee will be in training under direct supervision of a Louisiana licensed CLS and will not be allowed to work independently until a license is obtained. If training is completed prior to a license, the employee will not be scheduled to work until a license is granted. If a license is not obtained within 90 days, employment may be terminated.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Salary Range: $25.00 - $33.65