The Radiology Manager monitors the daily operations of patient and staff workflow efficiently and accurately for the hospital Radiology Department to ensure high quality patient care, and to directly supervise Radiology personnel. This is a working management position so incumbent performs duties of staff technologist in additional to supervisory duties. The Radiology Manager is expected to adhere and support to policies, procedures, mission statements, and commitment to excellence standards. Supervises and directs the work of the technologists and support staff to ensure compliance with protocols and procedures. Plans and prioritizes area work assignments. Assures the radiographs meet the highest QA standards. Applies principals of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self and others. Manager performs staff orientation, coaches and counsels employees with regard to performance and Human Resource related issues. Sets expectations and hold team members accountable to all policies, protocols, behavior, and customer service excellence. Manages various personnel functions including, work assignments, and disciplinary actions.
- Completion of an AMA approved school of radiology technology
- Minimum of three to five years as Radiology Technologist; with at least two years in a supervisory position.
- Must have understanding of radiographic techniques and equipment
- Must be able to perform varied radiographic procedures
- Current Louisiana License
- The American Registry of Radiology Technologists
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status-required
- BLS REQUIRED UPON HIRE
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.