Manager Behavioral Health
The Clinical Nurse Manager, under administrative direction and consistent with the program philosophy, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates delivery of psychiatric nursing care. He/she provides managerial support to the Program Director by providing supervision and evaluation of all nursing personnel. He/she contributes to the program, nursing and the Hospital through support of nursing and program philosophy and objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Bachelor’s degree required with five years of nursing leadership experience
- Three years of direct nursing care to the mentally ill as well as documented evidence of educational programs focused on treating psychiatric patients
- Master's degree preferred
- Three years psychiatric nursing experience in an inpatient setting;
- One-year supervisory experience in a psychiatric or geropsychiatric setting preferred
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional Nurse in the state.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, able to work under stressful conditions; and possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status required within 30 days of hire.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.