CT Technologists utilize computerized tomography (CT) scanners to produce cross-section images of patients’ internal organs and tissues for the diagnosis of medical condition. A CT scan technologist must be able to accurately interpret a physician’s scanning instructions, administer contrast materials, prepare and operate the CT scan equipment and position the patient to capture the appropriate images. Staff in this position effectively interact with patients, hospital employees, managers, and other health team members while maintaining established professional standards. Also participates in performance improvement activities and performs other imaging tasks or duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from AMA approved school of radiology technology.
- Two years’ experience as a radiology technologist. Previous experience in CT preferred
- ARRT, Louisiana License, Advanced Certification in CT is preferred
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status-required
- BLS required within 30days of hire
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.