- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Responsible for maintaining and controlling food & supply inventory by estimating food consumption/census and purchase food & supplies to meet needs;
- Collaborate with Nutrition Services Manager & Director to select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality;
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus;
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper food safety and sanitation in kitchen;
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques;
- Scheduling of production staff;
- Graduate of a 2 year approved culinary program and two to three years in a related position.
- 4-6 years of food service production experience under the supervision of a qualified chef may be accepted in place of a culinary degree.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within food preparation/production including food safety & HACCP guidelines.
- Requires management skills to motivate and maximize staff and/or solve operational problems. Requires oral, reading and written communication skills.
- ServSafe Certified