Certified Medical Assistant - PGL - Urology
Under the General Direction of the Practice Administrator and the General Supervision of the Practice Manager, the Medical Assistant will perform medical assisting duties within the legal (including federal and state statutes, regulations, opinions, and rulings) and ethical boundaries. The Medical Assistant may be responsible for, but is not limited to, taking and recording patient vitals, draw blood or other samples, assist physician during examination and treatment of patient, maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient's condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider. Coordinates processing and care provided to patients examined by the Physician in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments needed during examination. Functions as a healthcare advocate and performs routine administrative processes for scheduling and coordinating hospital admissions or procedures, specialty and procedural referrals, and in-office procedure activities to support clinic operations. Assists with other administrative duties such as answer phones, make appointments, obtain insurance authorizations, collect patient co-pays and deductible, submit charges with accurate Billing & Coding and other duties as assigned by the Physician and/or the Practice Administrator.
- High school Graduate / GED
- Graduate of a medical assistant program
- Current Medical Assistant Certification is required.
- Minimum of one year medical assistant experience preferred
- Current CPR/BLS
- Must have working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Requires excellent communication skills to relate to physicians, patients, outside organizations/people, and other office staff.
- Knowledge of medical supplies, ordering procedures, inventory and clerical skills is helpful.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled