Responsible for daily reconciliation of counter deposits with completion of spreadsheet and reporting to Business Office Banking personnel. Allocate cash/change to hospital departments and patients from petty cash. Reconciles petty cash daily and submits report Business Office. Responsible for compiling and balancing bank deposits. Prepares' deposits and change orders for Loomis pickup and ensures this is ready on time to avoid delays for Loomis. Resolves any discrepancies in daily reconciliation and deposits prior to end of day, reviews any issues with Management. Copies all paper checks and runs checks through electronic processing (Cash-Pro), compiles and balances report from Cash Pro to checks. Performs daily customer service functions of assisting customers in person, by telephone or via email. Assists patients with account balances, payments, insurance payments and EOB’s, refunds, navigating the entire insurance payment and adjustment process. Act as a liaison between our customers and their insurance carrier(s). Processes daily mail for all entities and personnel within the hospital. Sorts, routes mail for all departments using the appropriate and/or assigned boxes. Responsible for daily expediting of Business Office mail which includes opening, date stamping, sorting, reviewing and distributing to the appropriate personnel for further processing. Responsible for the vital documentation and filing of the notification of Bankruptcy per Louisiana and Federal regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree in Business, Accounting, Bookkeeping, or equivalent experience preferred
- Prefer 2 years of experience in banking, bookkeeping, collections, posting and/or medical billing/business office
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Lotus Notes
- Must be proficient in 10 key calculator and computers keyboarding and navigation skills
- Knowledgeable in hospital or physician business office functions including insurance and can understand and explain benefits documents
- Requires strong organizational skills, accuracy and must have the ability to follow instructions and work independently
- High level of confidentiality and integrity required.
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disabilities.