Case Manager RN PRN
The RN Case Manager will assume primary responsibility of cases for documentation of appropriate medical necessity for the inpatient and/or observation status in the acute hospital setting. Communications with physician, ancillary staff, and payers and assists in arranging transfers or alternate placement when indicated. Assures proper level of care assignment. Facilities with Case Managers and other allied health professionals to promote and ensure that quality care is provided, and outcomes are achieved in a timely and cost-effective manner. Supports hospital goals and objectives in compliance with regulatory guidelines. Works in collaboration with all healthcare disciplines to assure a continuum of appropriate and timely services. Assess appropriateness, quality, and cost effectiveness of proposed hospital, medical and corporate goals and objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing, Health Information Management, or Social Work.
- Current Louisiana Nursing License in good standing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prefer a minimum of four years’ experience in a hospital setting
- One-year experience in utilization management/case management preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the community
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 127642