- Arranges for the efficient and orderly admissions of patients.
- Insures the patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures.
- Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into computer database.
- Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service appropriate to the age of the patients seen in his or her unit.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and poses the ability to assess data reflective of the patients' status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs. Must be able to provide the service needed as described in the unit's policies, procedures and skills check list
Good people and communication skills are a must.
Must be able to work in a fast paced setting and able to multi-task.
Computer Skills required
HS diploma required
Past Medical Office experience is a Plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled